So Logan started wrestling this year - I think it was a good thing, but most of these kids at the tournaments have already been at it for over 4 years! Needless to say, he didn't ever win a match, but he did use his techniques really well, and I was proud of him for that. He cried after the second match he lost and I said rather abruptly, "There's no crying in wrestling - you got choked because you let him choke you. Suck it up and quit crying. Other than that you did a really good job and you did what you were supposed to do!" This was a tough sport (and a lot tougher on me than I thought it would be), but I think I was really saying some of it to myself (to not cry and suck it up) b/c it was awful to watch!!! He enjoyed it and wants to do it again next fall after football. I think he's decided he likes wrestling more than soccer, and it's an either/or deal. We'll see.
Clean House
11 years ago













No comments:
Post a Comment