Sunday, November 25, 2007

7 Things about Me (Sami/Natalie)

Bonnie Bunnell has challenged me to this 7 things you may not know about me so here we go:

1. For those of you NOT from Oklahoma, my name, though not legal (which is a really long story), is Sami (pronounced sammy - I also have a different middle name, which is Jo, but to keep you all a little less confused, I'll drop it). I actually prefer Sami to Natalie; Derek calls me Sami, my family calls me Sami, and all my life until I moved to Idaho Falls in 1997, I have been Sami. Why was is never legally changed? I ask myself that constantly, and I really wish it had been, but it seems to be at this point probably more difficult than I'd like, so I'll just keep on being Sami to some people and Natalie to the rest of the world. :)

2. I will not get up early (and that, ya'll is before 7am). Unless there is 1: someone to pick up at the airport, someone to take to the airport (us, going to Oklahoma); 2: an emergency, or a near child emergency, and 3: the day after Thanksgiving shopping (in which I'll get up at 4:10 to be at the 5 am store openings). Seriously. Last year, when Logan was in full-day Kindergarted and I had to drive him to school everyday, I got up at 6:30 to work out to be home to get him ready. And, that I didn't even start until well after the new year. I STILL haven't figured out how to do that this year since he gets on the bus at 8. I'm thinking maybe DAD can actually get out of bed BEFORE 8 to get Logan up and around. Before 6:30 is just INHUMANE!

3. I love action movies of the following types: The Mummy, Indiana Jones, National Treasure, and so on. Like, I can (and have) watch them anytime they are on, no matter how many times I've seen them before.

4. I get so engrossed in reading a book that my house could probably fall down around me. And, I try not to read all that often, because when I start a book, past about the first few chapters, I won't put it down until it's done.

5. I can't cook except for a very few things (like meals I grew up on) without a recipe. It doesn't matter how easy it is or how many times I've cooked it before, I ALWAYS forget something if I don't have a recipe, and usually the forgotten something is vital.

6. I have those stories that usually only happen to other people, happen to me. Like the man in his 40's chasing me down in his car after I sent him a not so friendly gesture (before I had kids) :) after he almost caused me to rear end him from pulling out in front of me. He followed me to a store and started calling me all these names and when I finally got out and went to his window and told him to get out he left. The woman who pushed me in Porters that I punched (hey, I was pregnant with Pierce and she put her hands on me first)--again a long story. And, the teenage driver I grabbed around the throat after they followed me and called me the fighting word (it starts with a c) in the parking lot of Jiffy Lube after they ran me off the road; I was trying to pull him out of his window -- his friend in the passenger seat seat said, um -- I think we should just go because I don't think she's from here! --- again, before I had kids --- the guys at Jiffy Lube didn't let me live that one down for a while, but, they did say they were going to come over and help me out but saw that I had it under control when I grabbed they guy around the throat. I guess some things just get me riled up a bit, do you think? I really don't do that kind of thing anymore. Well, except for the woman in Porter's -- I'd do that again in a heartbeat.

7. Despite my sarcasm and the stories you've heard (and read) I'm really not a mean person. :) I just won't let people push me around, and when I challenge certain people in certain situations, I better be able to take what they dish out! I let people push my buttons. Derek also says that I'm a collector of needy people. He says I want to help everyone (I guess look at the business fiasco) and that I don't always see who people really are; that I can't see past their need.

So there you go, for better or worse, you know more about me! :)

1 comment:

Bon said...

I must know you pretty darn well, cause I didn't learn to much new!! But I still enjoyed reading it! Man I miss you! -K- so tell me have you read the Twighlight, New Moon, and Eclipse series? :)

Bonnie