Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Logan

So by the end of the 2nd full day of school, Logan got a new desk in the very front row! His teacher needed him to be a helper, of course (riiiiight). By the end of the 4th day of school, I already had a phone conference with his teacher about his defiant attitude. He's getting so much better, but we didn't have this problem AT ALL with his teacher last year (she was a tough cookie, so I think that made a difference). I told his teacher when we met her if she gives him an inch he'll take a mile. I think he took a few miles before she finally got a handle on him. On Wednesday's I go to the school for center time to help out; maybe this winter I can go one other day each week to help with reading - he's getting good -- hopefully he's reading on his own by mid year. He's playing soccer AND flag football (football was a late summer notification) so we have soccer practice Tues. football practice Thurs. and games on Saturday. He also wants to do Cub Scouts (actually I guess it's Tiger Scouts this year) AND play basketball at the school this winter. I guess it's good to be busy . . . . .
Just last Saturday, after soccer and football games, we drove to Burley to look at long haired mini-dachshund pups (they're 4 months old and she priced them very low to get rid of them). We ended up with 2 yes, 2 puppies (it was a 2 for 1 thing) and since we couldn't decide on 1, we brought them both home.
Pierce is talking so much more now (still can't understand a lot, but we're getting there). At the end of the month we'll do another round of bloodwork and ultrasound, then November 14th we go to Primary Children's in SLC to see Genetics for the first time and Orthopaedics again. I'm expecting (and will settle for no less than) good news. I need to get a little video of him talking and playing with the dods -- I'll get more up after the weekend.

No comments: